Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System data submission requirements have changed dramatically, and UIS Data System™ keeps pace with these important changes to ensure that client submissions are SPARCS 100% Done.
UDS collects, edits and reports data on all inpatient, ambulatory surgery, emergency department and clinic activity. UDS ensures the quality and accuracy of data collected – data used by a variety of regulatory agencies to monitor hospital volumes, set rates and evaluate quality of care.
Product scalability allows clients, from critical access hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers to multi-site systems, to use the product in a number of ways – monthly as a SPARCS scrubber (similar to a claims scrubber for billing) or daily to collect data with real time edits. No matter how UDS is implemented, clients know that the quantity of case submissions and the quality of the data submitted are 100% accurate the first time.
UDS is more than just SPARCS data submission editing – UDS is a central data repository for trending and mining clinical data and provides on-demand reporting.
Ongoing product development and updates to UDS make sure provider client data are SPARCS 100% Done. Thousands of test submissions enabled us to closely track how the SPARCS edits were changing. If a case passes the SPARCS edits in UDS, it will successfully be accepted at SPARCS.
- UDS edits data during the coding process or can be used as a back-end scrubber to submit data to SPARCS.
- Congenital Malformations Registry data can be collected and submitted electronically.
- Data are captured and edited during the coding process. UDS allows optional edits to match data collection edits to meet each hospital’s unique data needs without compromising the SPARCS submission success.
- UDS performs informational edits on cases identified as hospital-acquired conditions and National Hospital Quality Measures.
- UDS also performs National Correct Coding Initiative and Outpatient Code Edits for outpatient cases.
- UDS accepts hospital charge data and Current Procedural Terminology-driven charges, allowing coders to add and adjust charges. The “clean” charge data can then be fed back to the hospital’s revenue cycle process. UDS offers coders a one-touch approach to complete charging and editing.
- UDS can import and export through HL7 messages (Medical Document Management [MDM]; Detail Financial Transaction [DFT]; Admit, Discharge, and Transfer [ADT]) for complete exchange of information with other revenue cycle systems. UDS can also import and export through fixed-length and ANSI X12 837 records. Interfaces are template-driven to meet the unique needs of the client and vendor.
- Standard reports give options for filtering and sorting data, including by physician for re-credentialing; by diagnosis and procedure for clinical studies; International Classification of Disease, Tenth Revision by case-mix tracking by payer, coder, or physician; and by National Hospital Quality Measurers and New York Patient Occurrence Reporting and Tracking Systems for quality evaluation.
- Linkage to Clintegrity Facility Coding and Compliance provides Diagnosis Related Group, Ambulatory Patient Group, and reimbursement calculations; per diem, tiered per diem, and Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Prospective Payment System; and Ambulatory Payment Classification pricing calculations.